[cdvdburn] Trying to transfer Jpeg folders to cd

  • From: Brian Ferris <brferris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cdvdburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 17:53:31 +0100

 Hello
Ive got some folders of Jpegs under another folder eg.
Poland.    Brian  .Jpegs1.Jpegs2
I would like to transfer all of this to a cd to send to a friend
viewing on a PC.
However every session after it has done when I have clicked on
the cd icon it says the cd is faulty.
I have copied music cd's in the mean time and they have worked.

This is what I have done:
I put the cd to be  written in Drive1 (top dvd drive )
 I had my directory ready with its sub folders with Jpg's
 I clicked on Data layout by given Dir.
 I generated the ISO image and saved it to somewhere temporary.
 I clicked on write CD/DVD.
 The Hard drive was flashing and eventually the CD/DVD drive.
 After that the cd was ejected.
 However , when I click on the CD/DVD icon it says the compact disc is
faulty.
 Inserting music cds and others discs into the same drive and they
run.
 What have I done wrong ?
 I then copied a music cd and that worked
 I wanna check first before trying to write another disc now as Ive
done  quite a few.
I think its to do with the settings for the reader and writer.
Im using an Iyonix with blank TDK CD R80's.
Im also confused what settings to use in that respect.
On my Iyonix thetop dvd driver is a reader and writer and can read
normal cd's.
The second drive is a reader and writer for cd's.

In the configure window for the cd/dvd writer I have two options.

IYOIDE:1 SONY CDRW CRX230ED and IYOIDE:2 LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1693s

In the CD/DVD Reader I have four options
IYOIDE :1 SONY CD RW CRX230ED
IYOIDE :2 LITE ON DVDRW SOHW 1693S
CDFS:0 SONY CDRW CRX CRX230ED
CDFS:1 LITE ON DVDRW SOHW 1693s

Can anyway suggest which two should be my default and a dummies guide
?
Sorry if Im stupid but Im getting frustrated with something which is
probably easy.
Kind regards.
Brian

--
Using ARM technology without the need of Windoze...