[cdvdburn] Re: Failure to produce a disc I can read

  • From: Peter Bell <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cdvdburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:15:07 +0100

In message <4d87c45d95jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is it the case that the light indicates the type of disc or speed of write?
> e.g. writing to a +RW gives a light 'on' steadily, but writing to a +R
> makes the light flash on and off?

I would imagine that what is happening here is that, because the +RW
disc has a slower write speed, the machine is able to keep supplying
data such that the write is continuous.  With the +R disc, which has a
higher write speed, the data is not supplied quickly enough to ensure a
continuous write, and the drive's buffer underrun proceesing is being
invoked.

--
Peter Bell - peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx