[cdvdburn] Re: Blu-Ray - it works!

  • From: John Williams <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cdvdburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 11:45:49 +0200

In article <200804140919.m3E9Jtev019881@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Steffen Huber <steffen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am also analysing why sometimes the DVD+R writing seems to fail.

Is this the one I've hesitated to mention where the writing appears to take
place, but too fast, and the disc remains as new, reporting as it did
originally. That is, as writeable by CDVDBurn tools, but unrecognised by
CDFS. Also the disc fails to auto-eject, and the drive light remains on.

Usually a second try actually does write the data, even after a machine
reset.

It's as if the flag for a simulated write had been accidentally set within
the software, but not in the window icons.

I haven't mentioned it because I am using an 'unsupported' drive, through
no deliberate fault of my own (SHW-1635S).

John

John

--
||       John Williams         ||     Brittany, Northern France
         Who is John Williams? http://www.picindex.info/author/
 E-mail replies only accepted from RISC OS machines or RISC in subject line
Somewhere nice to stay in Brittany? http://petit.four.free.fr/visitors/locate