[cccameraclub] some suggestions for the money made at the convention

  • From: "Ed Pouso" <ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cc camera club free list" <cccameraclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 19:47:46 -0500

On Friday Carlos and i had a long talk about the camera club.
We made some money at the convention and here are some ideas on how to
spend some of it.

1 Give it to a charity.
example Habitat for Humanity.
I like this group because they help our local community, and one of my
friends grew up in a house  from them.(not here)

2 Have a drawing and send one or more members to:
 a: The Texas School May 1st-6th 2011.
$485.00 (TPPA Members), $570.00 (non-TPPA Members)
http://texasschool.org/
 b: Santa Fe workshops  multable dates and fees
http://www.santafeworkshops.com/

3 send multable members to a one day workshop in Texas
Pay part of fees  and transport(chartered bus)
Such as Scott Kelby's http://kelbytraininglive.com/
Many others

4 have multabe outings and pay expenses
examples
aquarium
LEX

5 Order Lightroom 3 for members and split the cost.
or other software

6 Purchase computer and large monitor so the club can go digital.

7 get diagnostic equipment such as a monitor and print profiler.

8 have a big end of year party.

9 Do nothing and be boring

These are only ideas there are many other things

     Visit our website: http://corpuschristicameraclub.com/
Visit our Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/cccctx/