[cas_messenger] Items of note for members

  • From: Ralph Goldsmith <goldsmith0@xxxxxxx>
  • To: cas_messenger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 15:34:15 -0700

All,

The pass word for access to the "Members Only " area of the CAS website has
changed to equin0x (yes that is the number zero in front of the x).  The user
name is still the same: CASuser

As of now we have seven members that have indicated to me that they wish to
continue to get the Sidereal Messenger by e-mail.  The December issue of the
Messenger will be the last issue sent to all active members via e-mail through
the cas_messenger e-mail list.  The January issue will be available from the
"members Only" area of the web site.  Those who don't tell me specifically that
they want an e-mail edition will be deleted from the cas_messenger list before
the January 2010 issue is published.

This is my e-mail address: mailto:goldsmith0@xxxxxxx

We are now offering Astronomy Technology Today at the club discounted rate
$14.00 per year.

Members can subscribe directly by going to the ATT website
http://www.astronomytechnologytoday.com/.  On the checkout page at the end of
the subscription order process, you enter the discount code to receive the
discounted rate.  The discount code is:  CAS

We will also include the magazine on our regular subscription form and on the
Annual Renewal form.  A subscription form will be available soon on the members
only area of the CAS website.

The combination to the lock on the gate of the Dark Sky Site has been changed.
The combination is now 1609.

If you have any questions please ask.

Ralph Goldsmith
Membership Chair