[cas_announce] ANNOUNCING: 2010 West Chester Parks stargazes

  • From: "Patrick Freeman" <pfreeman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cas_announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 18:27:03 -0500

The clouds are coming in, like most recent years, now that we're around
Thanksgiving, but we're thinking ahead to warm and clear skies! Once again
next year, there are three stargazes planned for 2011 at the West Chester
Parks. We'll again be at Keener Park on Barrett Road in West Chester.
Please reserve the three dates for public stargazes on your calendars.  The
dates are:

Saturday, April 9 2011 (rain date April 16)

Saturday, May 14 2011 (rain date May 21)

Saturday, September 10 2011 (rain date September 17)

All of these dates are at first quarter to full moon or pretty close to
either. Please make a note of these dates and/or save this message! We've
done these stargazes for several years now and they've been very well
attended and well-represented by our local clubs and others from the area.
Come on out and join the fun!

-- Pat Freeman

-----

Directions to Keehner Park:

For those of you who want to see this site in Google Earth, enter this
location exactly as below, in the "Fly To" field:

39 20 06.83N 84 22 43.11W

I-75 to Exit 22, Tylersville Road. Go EAST from the exit on Tylersville Road
to Cox Road. Turn RIGHT (South) onto Cox Road from Tylersville Road. Take
Cox Road SOUTH to Barrett Road. Turn RIGHT (West) onto Barrett Road from Cox
Road. Turn LEFT (South) to stay on Barrett at the intersection of Grinn and
Barrett and continue on Barrett a very short distance (just beyond the
90-degree right-hand curve) to Keehner Park entrance at the tennis courts.
The entrance to Keehner Park will be on the LEFT (South) side of Barrett.

For those of you who want to see this site in Google Earth, enter this
location exactly in the "Fly To" field:

39 20 06.83N 84 22 43.11W

-----