<CT> Re: W32.BugBear@mm email trojan

  • From: "Reid Solberg" <reids@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 09:22:26 -0700

Er, uh Glenn, Gaby, what are the symptoms of this particular worm?  I
haven't actually launched the file, and AVG prompted me to allow it to put
the file in it's "Virus Vault."  I did so, and later deleted the file from
there.  AVG advised me that there was a copy of the file in my System
Restore file, and it couldn't remove it.  So I disabled System Restore,
which deletes the file, rebooted and re-enabled it. (it is kind of handy)  I
ran AVG again without detection.  I have no symptoms of a virus, no
additional memory useage, hard drive usage, or performance loss.  I doubt
I'm infected.  I'm using XP Pro SP-1.

Reid
http://reid.tk