<CT> Re: Trouble with com-port

  • From: Klaus.Osswald@xxxxxxxxxxx (Klaus J. Osswald)
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 00:13:45 -0700

Hello Michael,

interesting that a friend of mine had almost the same setup as yours (same
modem,
same OS)
& same problem with Bitware & the 'engaged' Com port. Because he had several
problems with his system which we practically did solve at the same time we
couldn't exactly tell what it was what had helped in the end. Also he decided to
use the standard dialer that came with Windows 95 instead of Bitware. However
this
is what I think could be wrong with yours:

Michael Reiter wrote:

> While doing the setup there is
> always "Another application active" on com2. What could that be?

Have a look in your BIOS Setup. Is there an option 'Peripheral Setup' ?
Highly likely that your error is because of the same address for both
ports. See that you do have different addresses for Serial Port 1
& Serial Port 2. Something like this would be ok:
Serial Port 1    2F8h
Serial Port 2    3F8h