<CT> I updated PatchDrv

  • From: Erwin Dokter <edokter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: win31@xxxxxxxxxxx, calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 18:19:59 +0200

Hi all,

My machine is back up, I now have a Pentium 133. Almost everything on it
is new, except my HD, CD-ROM and most plug-in cards :) My plan was to
just upgrade the mainboard, but I saw a cheap case as well, and my old
one falling apart, I bought it as well. With a new case you have to buy
a new floppy drive; the old one was so dirty. A faster mainboard also
'forced' me te get a new video card, so I got the cheapest 4 MB card I
could find :)

And since my keyboard was really getting a drag (I had to slam the 'E'
by now), I bought a new KB as well. As it happened, a shop had a good
deal on a Microsoft 'Value Pack'; A Microsoft Internet Keyboard and
IntelliPoint Wheel Mouse.

The only thing that isn't visibly new, is my monitor...

Anyway, since I had to repatch my video driver, I reworked the buttons a
bit to look a bit less 'in your face', and also did some work on the
default checkboxes (1991.bmp). Anything using ctl3d won't show them, but
Netscape uses it all the time in webpages, and it is a big improvement.
They are basically a 2D version of the win95 controls (those running IE4
can see them in internet properties).

Here's the file: http://members.home.nl/edokter/ptchdrv.zip

Use the win95\(s)vga to patch the original widnows drivers, and
win95\3rdparty to patch the drivers that came with your video card.

-- Erwin Dokter
   mailto:edokter@xxxxxxx
   http://members.home.nl/edokter