<CT> DOS and Calmira

  • From: Anthony McDowell <amm22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 17:53:00 -0600

I've been using Calmira for years; since before primary development was
handed over byLi-Hsin.  In that time, I have since migrated to Windows98 to
Windows2k and am now running WinXP, all because of my work/school.  I have
recently begun trying to re-use old games and apps which do no run properly
on modern Windows OSes.  So, I have created a DOS partition and installed
DOS 6.22 and Win 3.11 to it.

So (now I get to the question), I am going to need Windows and Calmira to
run some of the apps.  Unfortunately, I use a GeForce3 Ti500 in my computer
and nVidia does not have any official legacy drivers for any of their
modern cards.  I was wondering if anyone knew of a hacked driver that might
be able to display at least 256 colours with this
card.  Else, I imagine I am going to be stuck in 16-colour mode.

Disclaimer:  I use Eudora for my email.  I do not know if it's emails are
generated as HTML by default.  If you are seeing this email and it is in
HTML, email me back at amm22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and I will find a way to fix it
ASAP.

Thanks.
Tony