[cad-linux] changing of guard

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:28:14 +0100

some may know and some may not.  i've moved and started a new job.
to make a long story short, mod'ing the lists to keep spam and spammers out
takes more time than reading the emails that are ligitimate.  lately i've
been falling further and further behind on approving new members.  i'm not
doing as good of a job as i should and i know it.

i need to step down for a while.  I'm not leaving, just backing away from the
center.

last summer i was talking with John K. about the need for help with moderating
one of the lists.  with all the hurricanes we were having it didn't seem wise
to only have one person watching both lists(cad-linux and cad-linux-dev).

so with no further ado, i'd like to ask for volunteers for mod'ing each list.
i'd prefer someone that has been on their list for a while and that is
reasonably well know with the group.  it needs to be someone everyone trusts
on the list.

then we can put it up to a vote(open or close) to pick the new Moderators.

thanks.

let the discussion and nominations begin

--
Oh i've slipped the surly bonds of DOS
//www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux