[cad-linux] Welcome / FAQ

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 13:41:44 +0100

We've had a few new members join up lately so i thought i'd say hello to
everyone and do my semiregular FAQ

Welcome Aboard!

as you already know this list is for CAD on Linux.
user questions, project/relaese announcements, and lurking are all fair game.
if you do have a question, feel free to ask, thats how this works.  being told
to RTFM is very rare here.  it's a good and very laid back bunch.

if your interested in browsing the archives they can be found here:
//www.freelists.org/archives/cad-linux/
they are searchable.  if you have an application your having trouble running
then it can be an invaluable resouce.  please use it.

if you need to change email addresses just resubscribe with the new one:
mailto:cad-linux-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=subscribe
but please don't forget to remove/unsubscribe the old one.

Due to the number of spammers trying to subscribe/mail to our mailing list i
have had to start verifying that all new members are real people and confirm
which list they are trying to subscribe to.  Please don't take offense with
this.  I'm trying to protect the members of the list and their addresses.
This started with the Development list but it did not take long for them to
find my other lists as well.  There was once a day when i knew everyone on
the list, but we have grown quite a bit since then.  If i ask for
confirmation of who you are while changing addresses, please bear with me.

the Freelists service strips the second half of email addresses so that the
senders address pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx will be changed to pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx in
the archives.  on some email clients the reply to addresses is included in
the body of the email.  please do the same and stip the second half of this
and replace it with xx's or ##'s because freelists does not edit email
addresses in the body of the email.

if you're interested in the development of CAD we have a second list on
freelists.org called cad-linux-dev.
//www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux-dev
 it tends to have a higher level of traffic and recently a few of it's members
have set up an IRC.  see the Dec/2003 developer archives
(//www.freelists.org/archives/cad-linux-dev/) for details.

enjoy the list.

i'm considering making this into a regularly post faq.  if anyone has
sugestions or questions please send them(on or off list).
thank you

--
Oh i've slipped the surly bonds of DOS