[cad-linux-dev] yaml-output (running code!)

  • From: Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 22:08:59 -0500

# The following was supposedly scribed by
# Eric Wilhelm
# on Friday 06 August 2004 09:26 pm:

>>>=3DA0 =3DA0 =3DA0 =3DA0 - 6.31923185945617

Okay folks, I'm going to give up on the mail client and go back to the
geometry code.

Here's my output from CAD::Drawing::IO::FlatYAML (this only writes for now (no
read until I can do hex -> aci color conversion.))

  http://ericwilhelm.homeip.net/uber-converter/examples/
scroll down to this link:
  http://ericwilhelm.homeip.net/uber-converter/examples/flat_db-from_drw1/

My 'point' arrays will always have three points (even if the Z value is zero),
but Z is optional in the 'specification' (when will this get written?), and I
don't care to check whether it is zero or not.

For those of you brave enough to try it, you can run CAD::Drawing without the
dwg toolkit as long as you build your drawings in Perl (no other input
backends available yet.)

If you want to use dwg/dxf, send a letter or fax to the open-design alliance
and get your 'free' (as in beer) toolkit.  See their site for details.

Alternatively, fix the pythoncad dwg reader and I'll write a GPL compatible
backend for that.

Alternatively, write a text class for the dime C++ dxf read/write library and
I'll finish writing the GPL binding for that.

--Eric
--
"It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object to realize that you are in a
hurry."