[cad-linux-dev] Re: uber-converter lists

  • From: Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CAD linux development <cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:58:58 -0500

# The following was supposedly scribed by
# Bruno Postle
# on Thursday 19 August 2004 12:30 pm:

>There are a lot of other things that are not obviously 'lists' that
>could be lists with just one entry - This would make scripting
>easier.
>
>For instance a line has a 'points' list and a circle has a 'point'
>entry - If I wanted to write a script that accessed the files
>directly (say to apply a 'move' translation), it would be easier if
>it didn't have to know that a circle has only one point - A dumb
>tool should just rewrite everything in the 'points' list and get it
>right for all kinds of element.

Note that the current formats use 'point' and 'points'.   What you propose is
that everything use only 'points:'.  This idea definitely has some merit, and
I currently don't see where it would cause a problem other than accidentally
extended lists.

Now is definitely the time to make the call, and I'm inclined to call it a
'yes'.  Any objections?

--Eric
--
Cult: A small, unpopular religion.