[cad-linux-dev] Re: foo_style entities

  • From: Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:34:10 -0500

# The following was supposedly scribed by
# Chris Somerlot
# on Tuesday 24 August 2004 03:22 pm:

>So noted. These entities still reside in the same (flat) directory, correct?

No, the geometry is segregated from the header entities.  Whether they are in
the toplevel as "<ID>.yml" or not is another issue.

I suggested that the geometry is actually in a "model/" directory under the
toplevel, but Bruno and I didn't exactly come to an agreement on that one.

That's where the "paperspace &etc" question comes in.  Are blocks contained in
directories inside the toplevel somewhere?  If so, are they in blocks/0/, etc
(directories named by the block ID.)

Another note:  I'd suggest using something like the following format in your
spec:

--- # ./model/<ID>.yml # circle entity

--- # ./drawing.yml # drawing entity

--- # ./object_styles/<ID>.yml # object style entity

--Eric