[cad-linux-dev] Re: aci color translation

  • From: Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 06:13:05 -0500

# The following was supposedly scribed by
# Steve Hall
# on Sunday 08 August 2004 08:37 pm:

>On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 02:05, Eric Wilhelm wrote:
>[...]
>
>> Also, does anyone know if AutoCAD is using 24-bit color yet?  The
>> dxf 2005 spec does not seem to indicate this, but I thought I'd seen
>> sales docs saying it did.
>
>2004 options 24-bit color, three 8-bit RGB values. (I believe there is
>also a tab for using Pantone and other systems, but I tend to use only
>backwards compatible features.)

Is it saved in the dxf?  If so, could you send me a sample dxf?  A mix of some
aci and rgb colors, plus something in a nice bylayer would be good to have
for reference.

If you aren't sure, send a sample anyway and I'll investigate.  (gzipped,
off-list)

--Eric
--
"These crispix get soggy so quickly."