[bvipilots] Re: asking a few steam questions.

  • From: Mike Wassel <blindndangerous@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 16:27:51 -0500

You purchase fsx from the steam website.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/314160/

Just follow the instructions and you should be fine. As for backing it up, their is no need as Steam backs up your purchases for you on their own servers, so you don't have to. If you get a new computer, just sign into the steam client and pull everything back down.

Mike.

On 2/21/2017 4:25 PM, Ron Kolesar wrote:

Hello to my fellow BVI Pilot Subscribers.
It is looking like I have my full voice back finally.
So, I have a few steam questions.
I want to purchase and down load FSX from Steam since for some weird reason windows 10 anniversary doesn’t like my FSX dvds.
How do I go about purchasing and down loading a product and where would it go onto my pc?
Second question.
Is the fsx accelerator program in with the package of the steam version of FSX?
question three.
When one down loads a product from steam, can one back that product up to a external hard drive or what have you to reinstall just in case something goes wrong with the program at any given time?
I would love to back up FSX before installing it since there are other add on programs that goes with FSX to make it as close to the real world flying and still BVI as we all know.
So, while installing one program at a time and testing it before going onto the next program to be installed, I just was curious to know if there’s a way to back up the down loaded programs from steam before one goes to install said program?
Many Thanks.
Ron who’s happy to possibly have his full voice back under this new medication that I’m on.