[bvipilots] FS up date

  • From: "Ron Kolesar" <kolesar16417@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "B V I Pilots" <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 09:58:03 -0400

Thought that my fellow BVI pilots would want to see this.
Earlier this year, Microsoft released Microsoft Flight, a reinvention of its
Flight Simulator games of the past. Now the company has reportedly cancelled
further development of the game and laid off around 35 staff members
involved in the production. Microsoft says that the game will still be
available for download for free via its website and on Steam, but that any
future content for the game has been scrapped.
https://microsoftflight.com/en-US/getStarted/
In addition, Microsoft has also cancelled development of Project Columbia,
an unannounced game that would have made use of the Kinect sensor for the
Xbox 360. In a statement regarding the cancellations, Microsoft says, "Many
factors were considered in the difficult decision to stop development on
Microsoft Flight and Project Columbia, but we feel it will help us better
align with our long-term goals and development plans. For Microsoft
Flight,we will continue to support the community that has embraced the title
and the game will still be available to download for free."
http://www.slashgear.com/microsoft-cancels-flight-and-project-columbia-development-26240324/