[burpg] Plan for This Weekend

  • From: Armor Harris <armorharris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 16:16:54 -0500

Hi Everyone,

An update on the plan for the next week or so:

*Thursday 8pm*
Dry run in rocket lab of cold flow setup

*Saturday:*
We're going to use Pete Andrew's truck to blaze a trail from the site
entrance to the test stand. We'll need Pete plus 5-7 other people to go to
the test site equipped with shovels to help out. We'll be spreading salt
sand on the path we clear to increase traction and that sort of thing.

*Sunday:*
We'll either use Pete's pickup again or rent an F350 from Home Depot in
addition to the uHaul that we used last time. We'll get the uHual up by the
cell phone tower and then transfer the gear to the pickup truck and use
that to haul stuff up to the test stand site. The test stand/rocket itself
we'll either have to hand carry (it's not that heavy) or get Cory a red
jacket and white beard and build a big plywood sled for it.

Since the SIF will not be done with the combustion chamber/nozzle by this
weekend, we are limited to just cold flow testing (which we need to do
before Hot Fire anyway)

*Wednesday 3/5:*
Receive the chamber and nozzle from SIF
Large group meeting, 8pm PHO 205 to go over data and plan for the rest of
the week (no meeting Monday night)
Assemble chamber and nozzle

*Thursday 3/6:*
Pete, it's supposed to snow on Monday the 3rd, so we might need to plow
again on Thursday. Hopefully it'll be a relatively small amount of snow so
it might be significantly easier to plow than what we'll face this
Saturday.

Hot fire integration and dry systems testing in rocket lab

*Friday 3/7:*
5 second duration hot fire test. Probably the same plan as on Friday,
combination u-haul and pickup truck.

*Saturday 3/8:*
Start of spring break, but if you're staying and interested in working on
stuff there will be a lot to do.

Go team!
Armor