[burpg] Cold Flow Canceled

  • From: Armor Harris <armorharris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 13:48:16 -0500

Hi Everyone,

There is too much snow and ice at the site to test this weekend, even for a
snow plow to get through. The good news is that other than the weather
we're in great shape and everything is working properly. We will try for
next weekend (3/1-2), cold flow on Saturday and hot fire on Sunday. We will
talk on Monday about having two crews, one to go out Saturday and one to go
out Sunday.

Unfortunately the weather is going to be too cold to melt the snow for the
foreseeable future, so we need to hire a front loader and a pretty big snow
plow to clear a path to the test stand during the next six days.

We can't just wait because it will be until April when all of the snow
melts and we absolutely need to hot fire as soon as humanly possible.
Schedule trumps budget at this point, we can always find ways to get more
money but we can't get more time.

Does anyone know of a construction company or snow removal company or have
contacts that would be good for this?

Best,
Armor