[bulug] Very cheap sale and giveaway for nerd stuff

  • From: Ryan Mullen <rmullen@xxxxxx>
  • To: bulug-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, builds-list@xxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 20:37:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hi LUG and BUILDS,

I'm giving away and selling some stuff for very cheap. Please let me
know if any of you are interested in any of these items or if you
require more information. If you want to trade me anything, I'll hear
you out.

ITEM 1
An SGI O2 workstation.
Pictures similar to the top photo on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SGI_O2
Tested as working to command line with OpenBSD 4.7.
Specs: RM52X0 CPU, 320M RAM, 4G+2G HDDs
Why might you want it? Good support with OpenBSD, has ethernet port,
MIPS architecture, is blue and funky.
Asking: $20

ITEM 2
A 250G (IDE) hard drive. Samsung Spinpoint, SP2514N
This was used in an external enclosure. It operates without noticeable
issue. I haven't done a very thorough check, just verified I/O and then
shredded the filesystem. Should be working fine, though you'll need to
format it.
Asking: Free

ITEM 3
A 5-year old Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe build minus RAM and HDDs.
Includes: A Lian Li case in slightly rough condition (has 80mm fan in
back, 120mm fan in front). An Intel E6600. A Scythe heatsink/fan combo,
120mm. An Asus P5W DH Deluxe motherboard. A Fortron Source power supply.
A pair of optical drives, one is a DVD burner, the other is a CD burner.
Has not been tested, needs DDR2-800 RAM and a hard drive. In the past,
some anomalous behavior was observed, perhaps due to some reckess
overclocking or perhaps bad RAM. The issue was (if I recall) it would
reboot occasionally on its own.
Asking: $30 AS IS! No refund, though it should work. If you want to test
it before committing, we can work something out over email.

ITEM 4
A Dell Pentium 4 tower, Dimension 4300.
This used to be the old LUG server. It's got RAM, a hard drive (IDE),
ethernet, optical, etc. Should be plug and play. Never stopped working.
I think it's got 512M RAM and a 128G hard drive, but I'm not certain. If
you really care I can check, let me know.
Asking: $5

ITEM 5
Xbox (original Xbox) games.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3
Star Wars Jedi Starfighter
Conflict: Desert Storm
Asking: Free

ITEM 6
Nvidia GeForce 6800XT, 256MB DDR
PCI-E, has DVI, d-sub, and svideo. Has a fan.
Works last time I used it.
Asking: $5

ITEM 7
A 10 year old ATI TV tuner, don't know the exact model. Has a Conexant
Fusion 878A chip on the back. Has a coaxial connector, composite video
connector, and what appears to be a 1/8" audio jack. I had this
partially working in Linux last time I tried it two years or so ago.
Asking: Free

Send me an email if you're interested in anything and we'll discuss the
arrangements.

Regards,
Ryan
_________