[bulug] Event: Installfest, Oct 29 7PM, SMG210

  • From: Ryan Mullen <rmullen@xxxxxx>
  • To: bulug-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 00:04:24 -0400

Hi all,

The Linux Users Group will be hosting an Installfest on Thursday,
October 29, from 7PM until 9PM. This will be our first official
meeting of the semester.

This date coincides with the release of Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala, so
we expect that many Ubuntu users will be looking to upgrade. We'll
have blank CDs/DVDs, ethernet cables, etc to help you perform your
upgrade or install. As always, installations are not limited to
Ubuntu. If you need help getting anything installed, the LUG can help.

There's no real structure to the Installfest. Just bring yourself and
possibly a computer if you want to get some software up and running,
and we'll all chip in for pizza and have a good time. It's very laid
back, so please come on out.

Who: You and the LUG
What: Installfest, Fall 2009
Where: SMG210
When: Thursday, Oct 29, 7-9PM
Why: Celebrate release of Ubuntu 9.10

Let me know if there are any questions. Hope to see you there!

Ryan
_________