[budc] Fwd: Littlehampton Marina- Littlehampton & Climping flooded

  • From: Andrew Hubbard <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: budc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 18:10:48 +1200

Please see important message from marina below.

Andrew

Begin forwarded message:

From: Thomas Grubb <thomas.grubb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 9 April 2024 at 17:26:56 GMT+12
To: Thomas Grubb <thomas.grubb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Littlehampton Marina- Littlehampton & Climping flooded

Dear Berthing and Boat Storage Customers,

I must inform you of unprecedented flooding in the Littlehampton and Climping area overnight (Monday 8th/Tuesday 9th April).

Whilst the tidal charts showed a spring tide with building winds, no one could have predicted the tidal surge that occurred, breaching the Clamping beach and breaching the banks of the River Arun in multiple locations.

I was onsite with my Team around high tide (12.30am) as an extra precaution and it took less than 15 minutes for all low lying land to be engulfed and to make Ferry Road impassable, with multiple emergency service vehicles stranded, which still require recovery.

The Main Marina site was mostly unaffected as we are elevated. Apologies but this is the first opportunity we have had to communicate to any of our customers and tenants onsite due to power outages, whilst also dealing with the overall emergency we have been faced with.

We have been informed by the emergency services that Ferry Road will now be closed until the end of the week. This is due to both the events earlier this morning but also we are now expecting another similar but possibly worse tidal surge at 12.30pm today (Tuesday 9th). Rest assured all vessels on the water have been checked for security and I have relocated a few just now to remove them from the path of the sluice gates and the high volumes of water passing through them currently and for the next few days I predict.

Whilst I appreciate this is awful news for all concerned, I urge you not to attempt to travel to the Marina at this time for your own safety. We will of course keep you updated every step of the way.

Kind regards,

Thomas Grubb​​​​
Head Office:
01903 713553

Littlehampton Marina, Ferry Road, Littlehampton, West Sussex, BN17 5DS

Broomer Farm Trading Ltd accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

JPEG image

PNG image

PNG image

PNG image