Broad Oak PS & ELC Mailing Newsletter No 36

  • From: Lynne Atkinson <office@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: broadoak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:18:43 +0100

        Text Box: Great SATs Results again this year ? beating our Local
Authority Targets ? see next week?s newsletter for details.
Information about Music Lessons (Y2 ? Y6) and Y4 Wider Opportunities will be
sent out shortly. We have free annual loans for 5 newly acquired violins, 2
clarinets and a few trumpets. Reserve an instrument from the school office
on a first request basis.

Newsletter No: 36
Date: 10 June 2007

Our Summer Production ? ?Nathan?s Nightmare?

This summer the children in our Junior Department

are performing ?Nathan?s Nightmare? at the following times:

*       Monday 16 July at 7.15pm

*       Tuesday 17 July at 7.15pm

All children in Key Stage 2 will be taking part and it would be appreciated
if children could be provided with their own costumes (unless otherwise
advised by Mrs Barker)  As the theme of the play is Nathan?s Nightmare,
costumes such as witches, monsters, ghosts, Halloween characters etc would
be appropriate.  If you have any queries, please contact Mrs Barker. There
will be a full dress rehearsal this Friday morning, 13 July, so please could
all children bring their costumes to school on that day.

Due to the numbers of children involved and, therefore, the number of
parents who are likely to want to see their children perform, we are
initially restricting tickets for entrance to 2 per family. Please return
the slip at the bottom of the newsletter by Wednesday 11 July to guarantee
entrance.

Are You Entitled to Free School Meals?

If you are in receipt of Income Support/Job Seekers Allowance (Income
Based), Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit or Child Tax Credit (but
you are not entitled to a Working Tax Credit and your annual income does not
exceed £14,495) then you may be entitled to free school meals for your
children.

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU NEED TO APPLY EACH YEAR BEFORE SEPTEMBER FOR FREE
SCHOOL MEALS, THEY ARE NOT AUTOMATICALLY PROVIDED.  Call into Leyland
Library and speak with Linda Richardson (telephone 01772 453841). She is
available Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 9.30am?1pm and 2pm? 5pm or go to
the Education Office on East Cliff, Preston (telephone 01772 531812).  We
will be advised by the Education Office during the first week of the autumn
term which children are entitled to free meals and no free meals will be
provided to children whose names do not appear on the list.

Parents? Evening ? Wednesday, 11 July : 3.15-7.30pm

This is an open evening and appointments are not necessary.  It provides an
opportunity for the children to celebrate their achievements over the past
year.  Parents may walk between classes, look at the work of their child?s
class and that of other year groups and meet staff.

Lost Property

Quite a lot of lost property has accumulated over the past year and this
will be on display in the hall during Parents Evening on Wednesday.  Please
take a few moments to look through these items as anything that is left
after Wednesday evening will be re-cycled!

PE Kit

If you have any items of PE kit or pumps which your child has grown out of
and no longer requires, it would be very much appreciated if these could be
sent into school.

Leavers Assembly

We will be holding our Leavers Assembly on Thursday, 19 July at 2.00pm when
we will be saying goodbye to our Year 6 pupils.  Parents/grandparents of
these pupils are encouraged to attend and the Y6 children can leave with
their parents afterwards if they so wish.

Sports Day

We regret that Sports Day had to be cancelled yet again yesterday.
Unfortunately, the field is still very wet and muddy so we have no option
but to cancel Sports Day altogether for this year.

Team Points
Last week?s winners - Ash
Class team with highest score ? KS1 : Ash Y1       KS2 : Chestnut Y4

Superstars! ? Week ended 6 July

Mrs Yale's Class: Olivia, Sam, Connor, Marcus

Miss Walmsley?s Class: Jack, Nathan
Mrs Wilson's Class: Leah, Demi, Kallum, Chloe

Mrs Barker?s Class: Charlie, Jordan, Latisha

Mrs Ashton's Class: Connor, Nathan, Robert

Mrs Hughes' Class: Sophie, Lauren

Mr Bromley?s Class: Chloe

School Lunch ? Week 1 Beginning 16 July
Please ensure that dinner money is paid on Friday if you want dinners next
week.  Only £8.00 per week. Money should be given, via your child, to their
teacher in an envelope marked ?Dinner Money? with their name, class and
amount.

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Beef Lasagne, garlic bread or Fish fingers, chips

Turkey premier, savoury potatoes or Pasta in tomato sauce, garlic bread.

Hot cheese & pineapple pannini picnic lunch or Breaded salmon fillet,
parsley potatoes.

TEDDY BEAR?S PICNIC

INSET ? SCHOOL CLOSED

Jam roly poly & custard or Fruit yoghurt

Rice pudding & berries or Melon & orange slice.

Fruity harvest crunch or Fruit bowl. Orange juice.

Usually available daily (subject to availability) stuffed jacket potatoes,
selection of sandwiches, salad, fresh or frozen yoghurt, fresh fruit, milk
or fruit drinks, homemade cakes and cookies.  Vegetarian/Religious diets
also available subject to demand

Yours sincerely

Mr C M Metcalfe

Headteacher

??????????????????????????????????????????

JUNIOR PERFORMANCE OF ?NATHAN?S NIGHTMARE? - RETURN TO SCHOOL OFFICE BY
12.00 NOON ON WEDNESDAY, 11 JULY

Child?s Name: ______________________________   Class: __________________

I / we would like to reserve the following tickets for the Junior
Performance.  I understand that a ticket will be required for entrance.

Date

Performance

Initial allocation (max 2 tickets)

Further tickets required

Monday, 16 July

Evening 7.15 pm

Tuesday, 17 July

Evening 7.15 pm

This e-mail is confidential and privileged.  If you are not the intended
recipient do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail
or take any action in reliance on its content.