Broad Oak PS & ELC Mailing Newsletter No 20.doc

  • From: Lynne Atkinson <office@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: broadoak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 10:23:07 +0000

Newsletter No: 20

Date: 3rd February 2009

Praise Assembly

Well done to those who made it to my Praise Assembly Bench last week!!

They were:

Year 1

James Reaney

Year 2

Team Points
Last week?s winners - Beech

Ashley Brown

Year 4

Ryan Dundavan

Year 5

Thomas Hughes

Year 6

Martyn Bradley

Year 3 didn?t have anyone on the bench last week as they were visiting the
Life Education Bus at the time. And Olivia Taylor was chosen from Mrs Yale?s
class but was poorly. Don?t worry ? we?ll make up for it next week.

Mobile phone numbers

When we had to close the school when the heating failed, it was noted that
some people did not receive a ?Group Call? text over their mobile phone. The
reason for this is that we must not have your up-to-date mobile phone number
on our school records. More recently we have tried to contact a couple of
parents regarding an issue at school, and the result has been a
?no-such-number? tone.

Last Friday we sent a group call ?test text? to tell you that we do have
your correct number. If you DID NOT receive the text, please contact Mrs
Atkinson in the office as soon as possible.

Penwortham Gala ? Saturday 13th June

As we said in last week?s newsletter, we are thinking of taking part in the
Gala this year. To do so, we would need at least 12 parents to volunteer to
form a committee.  We have already had some slips from interested parents,
but we need a few more. If anyone is interested in helping in this way,
please complete the attached slip and return it to Mrs Oliver by Friday 13th
February.

Broad Oak Services (Care Club) ? Holiday Club Booking Slip Attached

A reminder that Care Club is once again running a Holiday Club over the up
and coming half-term holiday. We will be running it from the 16th February
to 20th February inclusive at a cost of £14 per day. All Broad Oak children
are invited to join us. Children who have cousins or other family members
are invited to ask them to come along at our invitation to join us; however,
Broad Oak children do come first. All children who attend our Holiday Club
have to be of school age and must book in advance.

As with all Holiday Clubs, parents must agree to the terms and conditions of
our Care Club.

The planning of which activities we will be doing does depend on how many
children attend each day; however, we will be taking a group of children to
Chiquito?s on the Wednesday 18th. (Book early to get a place!!)

FULL PAYMENT MUST BE MADE WHEN BOOKING.

FRIENDS OF BROAD OAK PRIMARY SCHOOL - Registered Charity No. 1082746

VALENTINES DISCO ? Friday 13th February 2009 - Tickets are now on sale!
Please complete the attached form if you would like to book any tickets.

School Lunch ? Week 1 Beginning 19th January
Please ensure that dinner money is paid on Friday if you want dinners next
week.  Only £8.50 per week. Money should be given, via your child, to their
teacher in an envelope marked ?Dinner Money? with their name, class and
amount.

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Chicken Tikka Pizza with jacket wedges or Ocean Pie, sweetcorn, baked beans.

Traditional Corn Beef Hash & Beetroot or Baked Lemon Sole Grill, Bombay
Spiced Potatoes, roasted winter veg., peas.

Minced Beef Casserole with herby dumplings or Creamy Chicken, diced
potatoes, broccoli, mixed vegetables.

Roast Pork Loin with gravy or Vegetable Fajita with spicy jacket wedges,
roast potatoes, farmhouse veg., baked beans.

Chip Shop Style Fish or Quorn Chilli & mixed rice, potatoes in skins, low
fat chips, mushy peas, baton carrots.

Creamy Rice Pudding.

Sliced peaches & ice cream.

Raspberry Topped Sponge and custard.

Fruit Finger.

Chocolate & Orange Cookie.

Usually available daily (subject to availability) stuffed jacket potatoes,
selection of sandwiches, salad, fresh or frozen yoghurt, fresh fruit, milk
or fruit drinks, homemade cakes and cookies.  Vegetarian/Religious diets
also available subject to demand

Yours sincerely

Mr S B Smith

Headteacher

Broad Oak Services ? Holiday Club

Please return to the School Office by Tuesday 10th February with full
payment.

Tick days required Thank you.

Commencing

16th February / 20th February 2009

Childs Name/Class

Monday

16th

Tuesday

17th

Wednesday

18th

morning visit;  limited places

Thursday

19th

Friday

20th

Permission for my child?s face to be painted if they attend for this
activity:   Yes /No

I am aware of the terms & conditions and other information regarding Care
Club on the school website.

Legal Parent / Carer Signature: ___________________________________
Date: _________________

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Please return to Mrs Oliver (via School Office) as soon as possible

Penwortham Gala

I would be interested in being a member of a committee to help organise a
Broad Oak float in Penwortham Gala 2009.

Signed ??????????????????????                                   Contact tel.
no: ??????????????????

Name of Child ????????????????????????.                 Class ????????.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

FRIENDS OF BROAD OAK PRIMARY SCHOOL

REGISTERED CHARITY NO. 1082746

VALENTINES DISCO - FRIDAY 13TH FEBRUARY 2009

INFANTS    : 6.30 ? 7.45 P.M.        TICKETS £2.00            JUNIORS    :
7.45 ? 9.00 P.M.       TICKETS £2.00

We must insist that all children are collected by a responsible adult at the
end of the disco and that a contact telephone number is available for each
child.

No. of Infant tickets required     _____ @ £2.00 each         TOTAL £_____

No. of Junior tickets required     _____ @ £2.00 each          TOTAL £_____

TOTAL ENCLOSED £___________

I CONFIRM THAT MY CHILD/CHILDREN WILL BE COLLECTED AT THE END OF THE DISCO
BY A RESPONSIBLE ADULT.

I CONFIRM THAT I CAN HELP AT THE INFANT DISCO / JUNIOR DISCO / BOTH

.

This e-mail is confidential and privileged.  If you are not the intended
recipient do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail
or take any action in reliance on its content.