Broad Oak PS & ELC Mailing Newsletter No 19.doc

  • From: Lynne Atkinson <office@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: broadoak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:47:37 +0000

Newsletter No: 19

Date: 29 January 2008

Footwear

Please note that sensible black shoes are a requirement as part of the
school uniform.  Trainers are NOT allowed. Additionally, for very clear
Health and Safety reasons, pupils are not allowed to wear shoes with a heel
height greater than 60mm.

Broad Oak Care Club

Due to increased costs it has been necessary for the Committee to increase
our fees.  The following fees will apply with effect from Monday, 25
February.

                                            Easy Drop  :
£1.20

                                           Breakfast  :
£2.30

                                           After School:
£5.00

                                         Holiday Club  :
£14.00

Parents will note that we still offer not only the cheapest provision but
also the best value provision in the area; continuing to deliver a high
quality of care as recognised by Ofsted.

Please ensure that all payments are made directly to the office in an
envelope marked ?Broad Oak Care Club? and your child?s name.  Queries
relating to amounts owed and bookings should be made directly to Mrs Susan
Naylor, the Extended Schools Manager.  Thank you for your co-operation.

There will be a themed breakfast taking place on St Valentines Day.  Further
details will be issued shortly.  This is likely to be a very popular event.

Team Points
Last week?s winners - Sycamore

Superstars! ? Week ended 25 January

Mrs Yale's Class: Daniel, Tyler, Megan, James Adam

Mrs Sutton?s Class: Harvey, Sophie, Marcus
Mrs Wilson's Class: Faye, Stephen, Joshua

Mrs Barker?s Class: Kallum, Tia, Kirsten, Zoe

Mrs Ashton's Class: Charlie, Nicholas, Samantha, Erin

Mrs Hughes' Class: Martyn

Mr Bromley?s Class: Stefan, Leon

PTA Disco

Please note that the next PTA School Disco will be on Friday, 29 February
and not as published in the last Events Diary. Details and ticket request
form will be issued with next week?s newsletter.

St Valentines Day Lunch ? Thursday, 14 February

We would like to invite your child to join us for our St Valentines Day
Lunch on Thursday, 14 February.  The menu will be:

Passionate Patties (Homemade Sausage Burger) OR Cupids Tart (Cheese & Tomato
Flan); Served with:

Valentines Arrows (Jacket Wedges) and Seasonal Vegetables;

Followed by: Heavenly Surprise (Healthy oven baked donut) OR

Loving Spoonful (Rice Pudding & Mandarins) and Orange Lush

The attached slip should be returned, together with £1.65 per child, to the
school office by 9.00am on Tuesday, 12 February at the latest in a named
envelope marked ?Valentines Lunch?.  All cheques for school lunches should
be made payable to ?L.C.C.?  If your child is entitled to free meals or
already pays for school dinners on a weekly basis, please return the slip
indicating this.

School Lunch ? Week 3 Beginning 4 February
Please ensure that dinner money is paid on Friday if you want dinners next
week.  Only £8.00 per week. Money should be given, via your child, to their
teacher in an envelope marked ?Dinner Money? with their name, class and
amount.

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Yorkshire pudding filled with Welsh Pork Sausages or Pizza Italian, jacket
potato.

Beef Pot Haggarty or Sicilian Pasta Bake with garlic bread.

Sweet & sour chicken with noodles or Cheddar cheese Catherine wheel, creamed
potatoes, baked beans.

Traditional lamb cobbler or Red pepper & tomato soup & a choice of sandwich.

Friday Fun Feast

British beef burger on a bun or Cod & Salmon Fishcake

Creamy rice pudding with mandarins.

Toffee apple crumble & custard

Gingerbread & banana slice.

Chocolate cookie & ice cream.

Pineapple upside down pudding.

Usually available daily (subject to availability) stuffed jacket potatoes,
selection of sandwiches, salad, fresh or frozen yoghurt, fresh fruit, milk
or fruit drinks, homemade cakes and cookies.  Vegetarian/Religious diets
also available subject to demand

Yours sincerely

Mr C M Metcalfe

Headteacher

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

PLEASE RETURN TO SCHOOL OFFICE NO LATER THAN 9.00AM ON TUESDAY, 12 FEBRUARY

St Valentines Day Lunch ? Thursday 14th February

CHILD?S NAME ??????????????????????????????. CLASS ??????..

I would like my child to have the St Valentines Lunch on Thursday 14th
February and enclose £1.65.

I do not usually have a school dinner  [___]

I usually have a school dinner and I will pay for this lunch when I pay the
usual weekly amount  [___]

My child is entitled to a free dinner  [___]

SIGNED ?????????????????????????????.. (Parent/Guardian)

This e-mail is confidential and privileged.  If you are not the intended
recipient do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail
or take any action in reliance on its content.