[Bristol-Birds] fieldsheets on the web

  • From: "Rick Phillips" <sunfish0501@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 11:07:30 -0500

I'm experimenting with a new way to report experiences in the field.  Every 3Mb
Charter broadband account comes with 20Mb of free webspace on charter's
servers.  I've decided to try to put my space I'm paying for to some use.  I'm
going to post short, simple HTML webpages which will include some text and a
few photos of field trips.  The sheets will be simple to fit as many as
possible into my 20Mb of free space, to make them easier for people with dialup
connections to look at, and because I don't know much about HTML coding so
that's another good reason.  This first page was totally contained on about a
fourth of a 1.44MB floppy disc, this includes the graphics.  Here's the link:
http://webpages.charter.net/mtnsunfish/Jan282006/fieldsheet01.html.  I'll get
my sister to try it out from a dialup connection later today and see how long
it takes.  If it's too slow I could cut out some of the graphics and add more
text.  This will also conserve space on our freelists archive account as photos
can eat up a lot of space in a short time.