[Bristol-Birds] falcon sighting in Russell county

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Bristol Bird Club'" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 20:10:13 -0400

From: Cynthia Thompson
Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2014 7:08 PM
To: wallace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: falcon sighting in Russell county

Hello Wallace

I live in Russell county and just saw a beautiful bird fly over my vehicle
on my way own. I googled it to see if I could identify it, thinking it was a
falcon. In fact that is what I witnessed. I looked at several of the links
google provided and read a post conversation between you and Ken Hale in
2007, discussing the program to reintroduce the falcon in southwest
virginia. I do not the current status of this program, but I though you may
be interested to know there is one my area. It seemed to be an adult, and
was grey and white in color. I feel very lucky to have seen this magnificent
bird, as I never seen one in person.

Thanks

Cynthia Thompson