[Bristol-Birds] Yellow-throated Warbler

  • From: "Todd and Lynn Eastin" <eastin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 22:00:57 -0400

Talk about a closeup view.  I was reading a book while sitting sideways in my
car with my feet on the ground.  Bright sunshine, cool breeze.  Then there was
a flutter in front of me and a male yellow-throated warbler landed on the edge
of my book!  It was there for only a split second.  In my surprise I probably
scared it off, though it may have been as surprised as I.  It flew to a chain
link fence about 6-8 ft away and then disappeared.  I wasn't even sure what I
had seen until I could look in my field guide.
From what I took in in that split second, the Yellow-throated Warbler was the
best match.  Mostly I saw the longish bill, head with black and white, and
distinctly yellow throat without the black necklace of the Magnolia.  What a
treat!
Seen beside Little Jacobs Creek at the Jacobs Creek Job Corps (Sullivan County)
about 3:45PM Monday, April 22.

Todd Eastin