[Bristol-Birds] Woodcock Watch

  • From: jpmoyle18@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 20:51:29 -0500

Hello Bristol Birders,  Don't forget, the BBC is sponsoring a Woodcock Watch on
Friday, March 12 at the golf couse of the Meadowview Hotel from 5:30 - 7:30
p.m.  To get there from outside Kingsport, take I 26 west from I 81 to Exit 3.
At the bottom of the ramp, turn right onto the Meadowview Parkway.  Pass the
Meadowview and look to your left.  You will pass a pond and see a golf driving
range.  Take a left through the median to the entrance drive for the driving
range.  We will park on that road and hike in to the pond and marsh areas where
the woodcocks often call and display.  If any of your wish, we can go to eat
nearby at the conclusion of the Watch.  Let me know if you plan to stay for
dinner.  The are several convenient fast food places, two pizza places and an
informal  local restaurant nearby.

John Moyle                 Glen Alpine Road
Kingsport/Sullivan County

=