[Bristol-Birds] Weekend Migrants, Hampton, TN

  • From: AHoodedWarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, HerndonBirdClub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 19:26:21 EDT

Saturday, Sept. 16, didn't offer very many migrants. Highlight of my day
birding around home at Hampton, Carter Co., TN, was a pair of Brown Thrashers.

What a difference a day made!

On Sunday, Sept. 17, I had 11 species of warbler, five of them new for me
this fall migration. Some other birds also made their first fall appearance.
Below are the highlights. The new fall birds are in all caps.

Tennessee Warbler, Chestnut-sided Warbler, Magnolia Warbler, Black-throated
Green Warbler, BLACKBURNIAN WARBLER, PALM WARBLER, PRAIRIE WARBLER,
Bay-breasted Warbler, WORM-EATING WARBLER, WILSON'S WARBLER and Hooded Warbler.

Other observations included RUBY-CROWNED KINGLET, Common Nighthawk, Belted
Kingfisher, Broad-winged Hawk, Ruby-throated Hummingbird, ROSE-BREASTED
GROSBEAK, Yellow-billed Cuckoo, Wood Thrush, Gray Catbird, Brown Thrasher,
Red-eyed
Vireo, Eastern Wood-Pewee, Indigo Buntings (adult feeding begging young), House
Wren, Carolina Wren, Eastern Bluebird, Red-bellied Woodpecker, COMMON RAVEN,
American Crow and Blue Jay.

I also had plenty of the regular feeder birds present. Each time a wave of
warblers came through, the Carolina Chickadees and Tufted Titmice were also
present.

Bryan Stevens,
Hampton, TN