[Bristol-Birds] Warrior's Path State Park - Kingsport, TN

  • From: Robert Biller <merlin42@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 15:14:13 -0400

Rick Knight's message today reminded me that Warrior's Path State Park's
birding results from last Saturday have not been posted.  It was the Spotted
Sandpiper that triggered this thought.  I will be doing this from memory so if
anyone who was there sees an omission on my part, say what it was - si vous
plait.

April 19 - Warrior's Path State Park - Wildlife Weekend - Sullivan County

Spotted Sandpiper - 1
Caspian Tern - 1
Baltimore Oriole - 1
Orchard Oriole - 1
Brown-headed Cowbirds +
Tree Swallow +
Northern Rough-winged Swallow +
Cliff Swallow 1
Double-crested Cormorant - 1+
Black Vultures (memorable moment of these guys and gals drying their wings on
top of the building where the programs were seen)
Eastern Kingbird - 1
House Wren - 1 (just outside park in neighborhood going out past the picnic
area)
Yellow-rumped Warbler (singing during the wildflower walk)

Another memorable moment was when one of Kevin Hamed's students cries out
"There's a big white bird!" which ended up being the Caspian Tern.  Keep crying
them out!

Sorry for the late report.
--
Rob Biller