[Bristol-Birds] The Great BirdHouse Battle 2 Great Crested FlyCatchers vs 2 Carolina Chickadees in Brockland Acres.

  • From: "Shane" <tshane@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 14:50:40 -0400

Birders:( The Great BirdHouse Battle 2 Great Crested FlyCatchers vs 2 Carolina
Chickadess in Brockland Acres )

This afternoon on May 4, 2006 Shane Adams watched a great birdhouse battle
between 2 Great Crested FlyCatchers ( Male & Female ) vs 2 Carolina Chickadees
( also Male & Female ) in the backyard in Brockland Acres in Hamblen County
NorthEast of Morristown. The 2 Chickadees are still nesting in the birdhouse
and bringing bugs or misquitos to feeds the baby Chickadees but the 2 Great
Crested Flycatchers was trying to make a nest in the same birdhouse that the
Carolina Chickadees are still using and chased off the Great Crested
Flycatchers and a Red-Bellied Woodpecker while eating birdseeds from the
platform birdfeeder and the Carolina Chickadees won the battle of the birdhouse
but I did not any pictures of the battle of the Great Crested Flycatchers or
the Carolina Chickadees but I do have a seperate pictures of the Great Crested
Flycatcher and the Carolina Chickadee sitting on a nail in front of the
birdhouse if anybody wants to see it I will share them with the birdwatchers (
TN-Birders & the Bristol-Birders ).

Shane Adams
East of Hamblen County
Morristown, TN. 37813