[Bristol-Birds] The Cove - Great Crested Flycatcher Nest Tazewell Co

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jim Baldwin <jimbaldwin@xxxxxxxxxx>, Wallace Coffey <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>, Bill Carol Crump <cwcrump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Don <donc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jessica Duty <djdjduty@xxxxxxxxx>, Mary Jane Erwin <maryerwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peggy Herbert <peggyfullmoon@xxxxxxxxx>, judy hubbard <jahubbard53@xxxxxxxxxxx>, laverne hunter <lavernehunter52@xxxxxxxxx>, Jennifer Kennedy <elysian2b@xxxxxxxxx>, Richard Kretz <fatcatz33@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Janice Martin <redwing@xxxxxxx>, Roger Mayhorn <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>, Jean Montgomery <jeanmonty5@xxxxxxxxxxx>, A B Moseley <abmoseley@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Ellen Parker <ellrose@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Travis Ratliff <heckofanurse@xxxxxxx>, Kim Ratliff <kkruthrat@xxxxxxxxx>, bob riggs <bebirding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Diana Singleton <ddsingleton_2001@xxxxxxxxx>, Sue Ted Slack <sueBslack@xxxxxxx>, Jerry Thornhill <birder@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Jane Thornhill <gjane@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Michele Villeneuve <mvilleneuve@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Worley <daveworley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 15:36:01 -0700 (PDT)

The Russell County Bird Club has a field trip scheduled for Saturday, 6-12 to
the Cove in Tazewell County. I did a scouting trip this morning and it was an
excellent birding day. I saw 20 plus Bobolinks, 2 Golden-winged Warblers, 1
Blue-winged Warbler, 5 Red-tailed Hawks, Savannah and Grasshopper Sparrows,
Blue Grosbeak, Scarlet Tanager, Red-eyed Vireos, White-eyed Vireos, Baltimore
and Orchard Orioles, Hooded Warblers and several other birds. However, the
highlight was a Great Crested Flycatcher feeding young. I have posted some
photos of the flyctcher at my gallery on Pbase, The link is as follows:

http://www.pbase.com/opiehunter/great_crested_flycatcher

Anyone wishing to go on this field trip, we will met at the prk and ride at
Wardell, VA on Rt 19. Please email if you need further directions.

Tom

Tom & Laverne Hunter
Russell County Bird Club
Lebanon, VA