[Bristol-Birds] Steve Tilley -- One Shining Hour

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 00:04:55 -0400

I have crashed by my computer, drained from the communion of adrenaline  taken
with Stephen Tilley -- Dr. Desmognathus !
Alone at my keyboard, swaping cyber hi-fives with Kevin Hamed.  It was soooooo
cool !

I know this list is about birds. Thanks for tolerating the digression.

Thanks to those who drove from across the region to hear Dr. Tilley.  Thanks
for joining us early for dinner and car pooling the last leg.  Thanks for
getting off work and driving nearly an hour to meet us at the Mad Greek.
Thanks for bringing the youth.

I never dreamed so many of you would turn out for salamanders.  Who thought you
would sit in the isles, lean on the walls and carry available chairs?   I never
dreamed of phone calls and e-mails from the Smoky Mountains to Minnesota -- all
wishing you could be with us.

Dr. Tilley didn't expect so many to come hear him speak on salamanders.  He
said so.

For those who organize the Art Array and it's Appalachian Spring Illustratred
Lecture Series:  That was one shining hour.  Your best ever !   Thanks.

Let's go birding......

Wallace Coffey
Bristol