[Bristol-Birds] SandHill Cranes at the Hiwassee WildLife Refuge.

  • From: "Shane" <tshane@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 20:32:48 -0500

Birders:( Sandhills Cranes at the Hiwassee Wildlife Refuge )

On Feb. 3 & 5, 2005 Shane and Dennis Adams family and friends from Ga. went to
the Hiwassee Wildlife Refuge between Cleveland and Dayton TN. and here is what
we saw on Friday & Sunday they are:

over 15,000 of Sandhill Cranes in the Hiwassee Wildlife and about 20+ in the
pasture fields and farm ponds on the left side of the road before turning on
the road heading towards the Refuge and I have taken pictures of the Sandhill
Cranes and one White-Tailed Deer ( Doe ) walking behind the Crane in the Refuge
and I have enjoyed seeing the Sandhill Cranes for the first time this year.

Shane Adams
East of Hamblen County
Morristown, TN. 37813