[Bristol-Birds] Russel County, VA Birds

  • From: "trooper" <trooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 17:01:05 -0400

Saw my first Chimney Swifts and Osprey today.

Observed an American Kestrel hit a Red-winged Blackbird, knocking it out of the
air; but not following it to the ground.  My vehicle may have scared it away.
The blackbird was still flopping when I left

Several Kingfishers along Cedar Creek where I saw the Osprey.

Ruby-throated Hummingbird (male) has been feeding at my home for 3 days now.

A small flock of Northern Flickers (4) was feeding amongst the Robins today.

Dave Worley
Rosedale, Va