[Bristol-Birds] Rufous still here

  • From: Katherine Noblet <ednkan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, TNbirds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "HerndonBirdClub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <HerndonBirdClub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 11:21:26 -0500

I have seen my hummingbird once this morning.  She has been very skittish
and scarce since being banded.  I thought she would be feeding heavily today
with snow and cold but that has not been the case.  She may have found
another feeder in the neighborhood and is avoiding mine for the most part.
I will keep a heat lamp on one of the feeders throughout this cold spell.  I
have other feeders out I will bring in in evening and put out in the morning
but it is going to be so cold tomorrow morning I am sure they will be frozen
rapidly.
K. Noblet Johnson City Carter Co.