[Bristol-Birds] Rufous feeding

  • From: Katherine Noblet <ednkan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TNbirds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "HerndonBirdClub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <HerndonBirdClub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bristol birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 15:54:32 -0500

My little hummingbird is still around although skittish.  I think it is
interesting that she always lands in the same position on a feeder no matter
which feeder it is.  I wish I could get a different perspective shot of her.
I have the holes in the back of the feeder taped over so she will not land
were I cannot get a picture of her and she always lands on the most right
hand hole that is exposed.  She is delightful to have around and I hope she
continues to grace me with her presence.

I think it's interesting that Tommy Curtis posted his hummingbird loves to
sit by his heat lamp. Mine ignores the heated feeder and the little branch I
mounted below it for a perch. She was even drinking from a feeder I thought
was completely covered with snow.  I went out and looked at it and there was
a hole through the snow over the feeding opening where she was drinking.

K. Noblet Johnson City Carter Co.