[Bristol-Birds] Ross's Goose at Winged Deer Park

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 18:37:03 -0500

A Ross's Goose was hanging out along the shoreline of Winged Deer Park this
morning along with a white morph Snow Goose
and a flock of Canada Geese.  One of the Canadas was also a funky white-looking
cross with an apparent domestic thing.  By the time I thought to count the
Canadas, I had walked on too far away, freezing and neither had the energy nor
the enthusiasm -- maybe 50 or more.  The birds were in the Washington Co. TN
portion of Boone Lake not far inside Johnson City.

Let's go birding......