[Bristol-Birds] Ravens, Killdeer, Finches

  • From: "Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 23:01:36 -0500

Area Birders,
Today, while working on my property to improve the bird habitat, I heard, then
saw two ravens overhead doing some aerial acrobatics. One of our bird club
members once said that he believed that ravens sometimes fly for the joy of it.
That certainly seemed true of these two birds, as they climbed, dove and
spiraled.

A few minutes later I heard the call of a Killdeer as it flew over and landed
in the neighbor's pasture.

At the feeders near the house were 4 male Purple Finches and 1 female.

Enjoy the birds,

Roger Mayhorn
Compton Mt
Buchanan County