[Bristol-Birds] Performing Woodcock

  • From: Glen Eller <gleneller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 20:55:43 -0500 (EST)

Friday night, Mar 5, at the Meadowview Golf Course marshy area behind the
driving range, I had at least 3 Woodcocks performing just at dusk and after the
sun had completely set.  I also flushed a single Woodcock earlier around 6:30
on the back golf-hole next to the back marshy area.  Another observation I had
that was unusual was of at least 4 Otters in the big pond playing around as
otters normally do.  This is the first time I have seen otters in or around the
Meadowview Marsh.

Glen Eller
Murrell Road, Kingsport