[Bristol-Birds] Osceola Island Weir Dam/American Tree Sparrow

  • From: "Mike Sanders" <hawk036@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 19:07:47 -0500

Me and Gary Cooper decide to go birding this morning at Hampton Creek Cove
in Carter Co Tn. The scenery was great but the birding was a little slow so
we decided to go to Osceola Island and the Weir Dam in Sullivan Co Tn. I am
glad we did, as we were driving up toward the dam I stopped on the side of
the road ad started scanning some small trees near the river. I spotted what
I thought was an American Tree Sparrow, so we got out to investigate
further. I had my camera with me so as I approached the bird I started
taking photos. When I looked to see how the shots were the camera
malfunctioned and said no data on card. The bird had flown by this point and
I had no photos. We luckily relocated the bird a little farther down in a
creek lined with small trees and I was able to get a shot or two of it.
Michele Sparks and Bill Grigsby came out to see the bird but it had flown
before they arrived. They were trying to relocate it when we left at 02:30.
I hope they find it. The pics and list are below.

Mike Sanders

Bristol, VA

Journal of Sighting Records Entered 2/7/2010

American Crow Hampton Creek Cove TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 17 = /TM Gary Cooper

Northern Cardinal Hampton Creek Cove TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 3 = /TM Gary Cooper

Song Sparrow Hampton Creek Cove TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 4 = /TM Gary Cooper

White-throated Sparrow Hampton Creek Cove TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 3 = /TM Gary Cooper

Tufted Titmouse Hampton Creek Cove TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 1 = /TM Gary Cooper

Song Sparrow Roan Mtn State Park TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 1 = /TM Picnic Shelter #1 Gary Cooper

Blue Jay Roan Mtn State Park TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 1 = /TM Picnic Shelter #1 Gary Cooper

Northern Cardinal Roan Mtn State Park TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 2 = /TM Picnic Shelter #1 Gary Cooper

Downy Woodpecker Roan Mtn State Park TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 1 = /TM Picnic Shelter #1 Gary Cooper

Mourning Dove Roan Mtn State Park TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 15 = /TM Picnic Shelter #1 Gary Cooper

Red-tailed Hawk Bristol Tn TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 1 = /TM HWY 394 Gary Cooper

American Kestrel Bristol Tn TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 1 = /TM HWY 394 Gary Cooper

Eastern Bluebird Sullivan TN TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 20 = /TM HWY 421 Gary Cooper

Turkey Vulture Sullivan TN TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 1 = /TM HWY 421 Gary Cooper

Hairy Woodpecker South Holston Dam/Trails TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 2 = /TA Gary Cooper

Bufflehead South Holston Dam/Trails TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 38 = /TA Gary Cooper

Ring-necked Duck South Holston Dam/Trails TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 4 = /TA Gary Cooper

Carolina Chickadee South Holston Dam/Trails TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 5 = /TA Gary Cooper

Carolina Wren South Holston Dam/Trails TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 2 = /TA Gary Cooper

Golden-crowned Kinglet South Holston Dam/Trails TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 2 = /TA Gary Cooper

Yellow-rumped Warbler South Holston Dam/Trails TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 15 = /TA Gary Cooper

Tufted Titmouse South Holston Dam/Trails TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 3 = /TA Gary Cooper

White-breasted Nuthatch South Holston Dam/Trails TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 2 = /TA Gary Cooper

Downy Woodpecker South Holston Dam/Trails TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 2 = /TA Gary Cooper

American Tree Sparrow South Holston Dam/Trails TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 2 = /TA Gary Cooper

Turkey Vulture South Holston Dam/Trails TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 1 = /TA Gary Cooper

Red-breasted Nuthatch South Holston Dam/Trails TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 1 = /TA Gary Cooper

Ring-billed Gull South Holston Dam/Trails TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 350 = /TA Gary Cooper

White-throated Sparrow South Holston Dam/Trails TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 40 = /TA Gary Cooper

Northern Flicker South Holston Dam/Trails TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 1 = /TA Gary Cooper

Song Sparrow South Holston Dam/Trails TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 7 = /TA Gary Cooper

Red-bellied Woodpecker South Holston Dam/Trails TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 1 = /TA Gary Cooper

Red-tailed Hawk South Holston Dam/Trails TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 1 = /TA Gary Cooper

Bald Eagle South Holston Dam/Trails TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 1 = /TA Gary Cooper

Field Sparrow South Holston Dam/Trails TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 2 = /TA Gary Cooper

Northern Cardinal South Holston Dam/Trails TN US Feb 7, 2010

= 5 = /TA Gary Cooper

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image