[Bristol-Birds] Northern Parula

  • From: Michele Sparks <navigate48@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 19:34:00 -0400

April 22, 2011Steele Creek ParkBristol. TN
From a hike that started at Rooster Front Park:
Yellow WarblerWood ThrushRed-eyed VireoBlack-and-white WarblerEastern Phoebe
Returning from the hike via the Waterfall area:
Indigo Bunting 3 (along the gravel road leading to Animal Shelter)Eastern Towhee
At the Nature Center, I ran into Larry McDaniel. We watched an Osprey fly over
the lake.
Also around the Nature Center:
Cedar Waxwing 20Northern Parula (Larry got a few good pics)KingbirdChipping
SparrowBank Swallow 3Ruby-throated Hummingbird (The N. Parula was a life bird
for me)
Larry told me there had been a Blue-winged Warbler between the wetlands and the
waterfall, so after leaving the Nature Center . . . I headedback to Rooster
Front Park and located it. Had good looks for both:
Blue-winged WarblerLouisiana Waterthrush

Michele Sparks
Bluff City