[Bristol-Birds] Nice birding at Osceola Island

  • From: "Don Carrier" <donc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 12:30:21 -0500

The birds were out in force this morning. Easier to see with the underbrush
covered in white. I have never seen so many birds on the Island before. I am
sorry but I was too busy shooting photos to count. The waterfowl was really
scarce. I did see the Teals had moved from the 'swampy area' onto the river
banks to feed. Bufflehead was the lowest number in weeks, American Widgeon
were numerous. Not many mallards out either. The typical pack of Ringnecks
were on the back side of the Island.

It was cold and windy, but I paid little attention. (My hands burn now!)

Here is a Carolina Wren braving the wind.

Don Carrier
Bristol, Tennessee