[Bristol-Birds] New River Trail / Blue Ridge Parkway

  • From: Ed Talbott <aquilaet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Buchanan Birds <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 08:49:15 -0700 (PDT)

Area Birders,

Michelle and I hiked a section of the New River Trail on Saturday.  We found
lots of new birds for 2008 including Palm and Prairie Warblers, Chats, Acadian
Flycatcher, and Orchard Oriole.  For those interested, here is a link to some
of our hike pictures:
http://www.pbase.com/aquilaet/newriver2

Friday I spent some time up on the Blue Ridge Parkway around Roanoke looking
for spring migrants.  For anyone interested, here is a link to some pics I made
that day also:
http://www.pbase.com/aquilaet/parkway

I was not sure of some of the flower/plant names so feel free to correct me.

Get out and enjoy the birds this week,

Ed Talbott
Grundy, VA

Be a better friend, newshound, and