[Bristol-Birds] More Migrant Flocks, Hampton, TN

  • From: AHoodedWarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 19:19:48 EDT

The show started slow, but I enjoyed some new migrants this evening
(Wednesday, Sept. 7) at home in Hampton, Carter Co., TN.

At first, only Cedar Waxwings, American Goldfinches and Carolina Chickadees
made an appearance in the locust/wild cherry trees.

A Pine Warbler, quickly followed by a Scarlet Tanager, became the first
migrants to show.

Other warblers this evening included Northern Parula and Black-throated Green
Warbler. Another Scarlet Tanager also showed up.

A Great Crested Flycatcher also posed for several minutes.

The Ruby-throated Hummingbirds, at least a couple of them, felt feisty, and
continually challenged the warblers, esp. the male Northern Parula. But the
hummers also went after one of the tanagers and some American Goldfinches.

An American Robin and a Gray Catbird also joined the feast of wild cherries.

This was an almost entirely different cast of characters from the flocks I
saw on Sept. 5.

Bryan Stevens,
Hampton, TN