[Bristol-Birds] Kentucky, Cerulean, Blackburnian - Buchanan County, VA

  • From: Ed Talbott <aquilaet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 10:13:45 -0700 (PDT)

Bristol Birders,

Michelle and I had a great morning birding the far western edge of Virginia
here in Buchanan County along the Kentucky border.  There is a small hollow
called Caney Island Branch close to our house, and it is one of our favorite
spots for quick hikes on the weekend or after school.  We spotted two Kentucky
Warblers (both male) and a beautiful flame-throated Blackburnian along the hike
this morning.  Below is a list of migrants spotted along the way:

  American Redstart -  (many!)
  Cerulean Warbler - at least 4
  Blacburnian Warbler
  Kentucky Warbler