[Bristol-Birds] Herndon Bird Club Banquet Friday, March 23 at Tipton Haynes

  • From: "Roy & Robin Knispel" <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 21:05:22 -0400

     The Herndon Bird Club annual banquet will be Friday, March 23, at the
Tipton Haynes Historical Site in south Johnson City.  The site has a large wild
area as part of the grounds, so come early, like 5:30 p.m., to do some
pre-banquet birding.  We plan to eat at 6:30 p.m.

    The banquet speaker will be Mark Hopey, wild life expert and bird bander
who is well known for the bird banding he does on Big Bald and in North
Carolina in summer and fall.  He will discuss bird banding on Roan Mountain and
the Saw Whet Owl Project.  His presentation will begin about 7:30 p.m.

    The food for the banquet will be catered by Creekers on the north side of
Elizabethton and will consist of

Pulled Pork with Barbeque Sauce and Buns
Beans
Slaw
Drinks
Desserts are Banana Pudding or Peanut Butter Pie

    For those of you who prefer a vegetarian meal, we will get a Portobello
Garden Pasta dish from Jason's Deli Catering Service. Slaw, Desserts and Drinks
also included.
The Portobello Garden Pasta dish is described as:  "A fresh vegetarian
combination of oven roasted herb tomatoes with organic spinach, grilled
portobello mushrooms, artichokes, and asiago over bowtie pasta."

    The banquet price either way is $12.  Please make out your check to Herndon
Bird Club and send it to our Treasurer, Darla Anderson so she receives it BY
MONDAY,  MARCH 19. Tell her if you choose the Barbequed Pork or the Portobello
Garden Pasta.  I need to place the food order that day.

    Darla Anderson
    3428 Berkshire Circle
    Johnson City, TN 37604-8911
    Phone:  423-282-8839

Plates, glasses, and utensils will be provided by the club.

Everyone is welcome.  We hope to see you all there.  If you have questions,
please feel free to call me or send email.

Roy Knispel, Pres.
Lee & Lois Herndon Chapter, TOS
Phone:  423-202-7802
Cell:     920-203-0332