[Bristol-Birds] Great Horned Owl at Kingsport

  • From: "Rick Phillips" <sunfish0501@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 17:13:34 -0500

This morning, around 7:20am, I walked out of the Burger King on East Stone
Drive in Kingsport and had a Great Horned Owl fly directly over my head flying
towards the wooded area along the greenbelt behind K-Mart.  On  Feb. 3, Wallace
Coffey, Chris O'Bryan, Charlie Parker and myself checked a bluff cavity
overlooking Riverport Road in Kingsport where Great Horned Owls have nested in
past years.  Although whitewash (excreta) was present around the entrance, no
owls could be seen.

Rick

Rick Phillips
Kingsport, Tennessee